Schlauchreifen

Diskutiere hier über dies und das
Antworten
rogermbyrne
Schlauchreifen

Beitrag von rogermbyrne » Mo 7. Jul 2014, 12:12

Sorry for the English ;)

Does anyone ride tubular wheels? Is it a better ride?

Sold my photo kit, so have been thinking about some 50mm Carbon wheels, Yes I know I need more training to get faster but nice wheels will make me smile ;)

Any opinion/feedback on riding Tubulars appreciated!

nachtschatten
Name:Marc

Re: Schlauchreifen

Beitrag von nachtschatten » Mo 7. Jul 2014, 16:26

Hello Roger,

I´m sorry, I´m out of practise using English, but I hope it will be understandable... :nixweiss:

On my old classic racebike I use tubular wheels, because I want to conserve it´s original setup. Comparing to clinchers they are a little bit lighter and you will be able to ride with a higher pressure inside.

This year, I ´ve glued on tubular wheels two times. At first, because the old ones didn´t like to ride with me any longer ( http://forum.rennradliste-streckendaten ... t=23115242 ) at second, because one of the new ones became leaky (I really don´t know why, because this wheel just was in the storage room after ca. 300 km).
I don´t want to use my old bike in a race, so I decided to buy the Schwalbe Lugano Tubular, because they are not so expansive, are available in a classic-look, have protection against leaks and the ventiles are changeable (not often to find in this low-price-category, but essentially for repair).
I was quite surprised of the good concentric run-out, because it didn´t look like a good result, when I glued them on ;)

But, on my opinion you should take into consideration generally:
- it´s more work and time to spend to mount and unmount them (glue or ribbon),
- clinchers are comfortable, durable too and often easier to get,
- in most cases you may not be able to find any leak, but the air passes off... they are not to repair like a tube in a clincher-tire.
- in a worst case on the road, far from home or the next good bike-store, you may be quite alone....( in former times, racers used to mount spare tires on their saddles or around their bodies :cool: )

Here, I´ve found this thread too with some interesting opinions and hints:
http://forum.rennradliste-streckendaten ... #p23242534

rogermbyrne

Re: Schlauchreifen

Beitrag von rogermbyrne » Mo 7. Jul 2014, 16:32

Your English is great! Thanks for the info and links, checking them now.

Antworten